Monday, August 16, 2010

How to display info. on Page 2 that refers to info on Page 1?

On my HomePage.aspx I have a gridview that displays several columns (Book ID, BookName, AuthorName). When I click on the ';View'; link button on the gridview (its on each row) it takes me to a page which displays a each of these in a textbox (using session variables). As you can see below in my Book table I have another column called ';Book Review'; but i do not want this displayed on my gridview on Homepage.aspx.





However, I would like to display ';Book Review'; on ';ViewBookReview.aspx'; page in a textbox. How would I go about doing this? Thank yoU!! If you need me to further explain I can do that as well.





**I've tried the method of making BookReview column invisible on the gridview so it can pass to the other page..it doesn't work**





***Book***


Book ID


BookName


BookReview





***Author***


BookID


AuthorNameHow to display info. on Page 2 that refers to info on Page 1?
I'm not exactly sure what your trying to get done, but it sounds like you need to set the peramiters of ViewBookReview.aspx to be displayed in a seperate gridbox by forcing the link to show in a box with a different name. Sorry, I could help more if I knew exactly what you are trying to do. I will keep an eye on your post if you can give more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment