Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I connect to a function written in a module in Access from .Net?

I'm trying to build an aspx page that connects to an access database query and populates a gridview with the queried results. My query uses a function that I wrote in a module in the access database. The function works fine in access but when it comes to populating my gridview on my aspx page it doesn't work. I receive an error message that says that it can't find the function that I wrote in the access database module. I'm confused!





Help!How do I connect to a function written in a module in Access from .Net?
As far as I know, Access will not execute VBA functions across the Jet Engine, this is a limitation of Access (probably for security reasons).





Why not just use SQL Server Express or execute the same functions in .Net syntax after you get the data reader?





http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai鈥?/a>





http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment